Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Getting the basics

A basic for me is an item that can be dressed up or down, forms the base of many of my outfits and when I'm desperate for something to wear I can turn to for some basic style.

So what are my basics?

  • boot cut jeans
  • t-shirts in solid colours (short & long sleeve) in white, black & season colours
  • button down in white
  • cardigan in black
  • v neck sweater in black, grey
  • pants suit in black
  • pencil skirt in black
  • pants in charcoal
  • tailored jacket (whatever I fall in love with)
  • hoodie (whatever colour takes my fancy)
  • coat in black
  • flip flops/sandals in gold
  • heels, boots & flats in black
  • a clothing item or accessory in my favourite colour, burnt red

These are the basics I keep my eye out for every time I shop. There always seems to be something on this list that needs replacing!

What are your basics? No idea? Need some help?

Check out The Essentials for a Well Balanced Wardrobe over at realsimple.com.

No comments: